"Being in love is not enough to sustain a married relationship. Loving one another with commitment, respect, honour and trust does." Stephen B. Stokl. MD
Eight Ways To Divorce Proof Your Marriage
- Talk and Listen - Poor communication is often a source of relationship woes.
- Kiss Goodbye and Hello- It may be the best part of your day!
- Do Fun Activities Together- It reminders couples they do have things in common and it helps them to relate as real people.
- Have Independent Lives - Maintaining a sense of your own identity is important and gives you lots to talk to your partner about.
- Plan Ahead - Marriage means making plans together. Don't assume your partner knows how you feel about important issues. Sit down and discuss them before they have the chance to become a problem.
- Fight with a Purpose - Acknowledge every couple faces arguments. Examine your own contribution to the conflict and own up to it. Spell out what upset you and how you would like the problem to be resolved.
- Make Time for Intimacy - Meeting each other's needs for intimacy is important. Everything from kisses to cuddles to shared glances is game.
- Focus on The Positive- An honest compliment can make someone's day. Don't take this power for granted!
Next Step Family Counselling is dedicated to helping couples recognize their strengths and growth areas.